Monday 12 October 2009

Welcome!



Not so much as a chance to inflate my ego prattling on about me,more a rewarding realisation there appears to be a wealth of people out there with a genuine fascination as to what goes on in the world of various makers-specifically pottery.It seems to be something we've all done at school but after the loss of all the 'craft' orientated studios and workshops in them,our knowledge of how it actually happens is slowly becoming as mysterious as how to write letters in 'real writing'!



As a 'professional' potter,i can't deny the air of publicity will hopefully do some good if only to let the world and its dog know i live and breath on the edge of my marsh! As a largely self taught potter (but for a number of years under the magnificent Jim Cresswell'an ex Lucy Rie/Hans Coper student) my knowledge was harvested over some 40 odd years of endeavour.

Any apparent facts or statements in my ramblings had best be taken with due caution! I have frequently employed the American empirical 'suck it and see'method!

At least one person in my life said i was a nice approachable guy(well yea,it might have been my mum!) So i feel free to contact me vie 'e' mail.Questions or just brief chats,I'm not 'Geekie'about computers nor can i find regular time for it, but i will eventually respond.....Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment