Saturday 17 October 2009


In a funny way I'm most pleased with my huge old 'Doulton' scullery sink which easily accommodates two or more buckets and had washing.The water is harvested rain water delivered either by a large bore 22mm(and i said i don't do mm)pipe which will rapid fill gallons in seconds and a hospital type lever tap,great when you've clay up to your elbows!I sound so sad to be exited by this.




Joy of joy to be able to use the pug(the pug mill mixes softer and harder clays then extrudes it)which i simply couldn't access.Along with a safe spray booth a 'leave it all out' glazing station and my beautiful middle European log burner...yea.







Cleared the bench for unloading a kiln and reminded myself what a lucky bunny i am with the new studio.The new work surface can clear to a full 10' x 4'(sorry can't think in m mms)To be fair,after 30 years I've had some 5 or so studios and that's a posh word for the first 'shed' mum & dad allowed in the garden.Then a barn,small corner shop,the old 'Gig' house here and finally believing if i can make pots,mend my own shoes ,building a new purpose built studio
from foundations up should be a walk in the park!!HA







My children thought me cool owning some kind of venue for band,conjuring up images of midnight music sessions,other dads had lawnmowers in their sheds!(come on GIG,you know,19th century,2 wheels,horse,cart!)I was very fond of it and it served me well but i can't believe nearly all the kit we had in there spread out into the new studio with no real spare space.Sitting on the wheel my head hit the ceiling.




No comments:

Post a Comment